Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bio

I was raised in a very poor environment, and where I lived with my siblings (four others) and grew up in my maternal grandmother’s rental home in Nogales, Arizona. We had no windows just sheets over the openings, and the floors were compacted dirt. My Father (God rest his soul) worked numerous jobs to make ends meet and bartered services for food.

We moved to Los Angeles, CA. when I was a young child, and that is where I went to school. From there, I started working at the age of 12 to help my family make ends meet. I was actually making more money than my father because the job was very risky, but I was young and didn’t know any better than the fact I had to help my family put food on the table. I had to barter as well which meant that I was “out on the streets” hustling jobs. As I put myself through school, I studied Engineering and resulted in a career as a Mechanical and Nuclear Engineer.

I worked in the Nuclear industry and I have over 30 years of Engineering experience (commercial, public, U.S. Navy), in designed, construction and operations of such. I was the Chief Engineer for 18 of these years with the Department of Energy (DOE), which included operation of several Nuclear Reactors and Chemical Separation facilities, I obtained the knowledge of nuclear weapons production from “cradle to grave” and I am the only person known to have hands-on experience and knowledge to do so.

I also trained the L.A.P.D and the US Marine Corp. “Boot Camp” and BUDS (Nave Seal team) Instructors on hand-to-hand combat training.

I have Published several technical books/reports on new technologies and their development to treat Nuclear processes waste. I developed these concepts by thinking outside the box. Each and every technology that I developed is currently in use throughout the industry;. (See Google search, Martin Salazar @ DOE-SRS).

I speak several languages, to include but not limited to: Spanish, Japanese and Russian I have over ten years of writing legal briefs, law research, administration and trial preparations, and Patent research.

It was obvious why the government choose me to lead a U.S Navy Seal team to find weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq. Although the mission for me was scrapped and/or I was never released from that mission, but all communications went dead, and the Department of Defense acted like they never heard of me, although I still have a copy of my signed Orders. The reasons were unbeknownst to me on the silent treatment, however as the mission was so dangerous that I completely altered my life knowing that there was an extremely high chance that I would not survive. Yes, I was willing to knowingly risk my life for this country.

And this is probably the beginning of things to go wrong. As an outspoken critic of the reasons for the attack on Iraq and the issue with discrimination and ill prepared staff with the DOE, I was targeted on many fronts. And the “Witch Hunt “began. My problem is obvious from my history that my family was not a family of records, so no records were kept in that environment. Hence I still do not know my actual date of birth? Armed with these discrepancies the Agency never sent me to Iraq, and sought instead to terminate me from employment. However, because of the many EEO complaints and appeals to the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB) which had significant merit ( See MSPB ruling, AT-0752-99-0626-I-1, March 30, 2001) the agency (DOE) decided to abate these action through an EEO Settlement Agreement.

What was not known at that time, is the Agency was entering into this agreement in bad faith. The very Chief Counsel, who is also a Special Assistant to the U.S. Attorney’s office, wrote and witnessed the settlement agreement, but failed to inform the deciding official, who represented the governments interest, that she had already began my prosecution, for the very exact contents of the settlement agreement. Again, I did not learn of the indictment until nearly a year later as the government waited until my first annuity was paid to indict me. Although they had prior knowledge of the discrepancies they waited nearly a year on an administrative error to seek and turn this into a criminal matter. The remaining facts are on the issues of my fight.

No comments: